JUST SHUT OFF TV--NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO SOMEONE TALK FOR A HOUR ABOUT
NASCRAP INDY RACING--LISTENED TO IT YESTERDAY--NOT AGAIN FOR ANOTHER HR.---SAME JUNK--LETS GET TO THE RACIN-------- "LETS GO RACIN BOYS"...........
DID YOU PEOPLE WATCH THE SHOW ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY LET JIMMY JOHNSON ON LAP 15 CROSSS OVER THE LINE LEAVING PIT ROAD--EVERYONE ELSE STAYED BELOW THE LINE-- AND ESPEN SAYS NASCRAP SAID IT WAS OK TO DO THAT--'NO' FAVORITISM SHOWN--AND AFTER THE RAce ESPN TALKS TO JIMMY JOHNSON--THE 22 FINISHER IN THE EVENT--NO COVERAGE OF THE 4TH OR 5TH FINISHER--AGAIN SHOWING 'NO" FAVORITISM----------JMO
I think Tim Brewer had the same eye tightening surgery that Nicole Kidman did. I note neither of them can blink any longer. He is getting just plain creepy.
Broadcast crew were apologists for the poor crowd
Not that I'm a NASCAR guy, but ESPN had an almost an hour of post race coverage and interviewed a bunch of people through the field. When you consider what Jimmy has done the past 4 years, and to watch him start to slip, it makes a story, and thats what the TV crew is there to do, cover the story. NASCAR has nothing to do with who and who they don't interview. I watched the last 9 laps of the race so you can see how invested in it I was.
What I did find funny, while still a huge accomplishment, was all the talk of the Ganassi triple crown. I really don't think it was as big of a deal as they made of it. What would have impressed me was a true triple crown consisting of the Daytona 24, The Daytona 500, and the Indy 500, the true marquee races for each series CGR competes in.
1. (F1) Ferrari sends team orders to have Massa pull over and give the win to Alonso on the 1 year anniversary of his life threatening accident.
2. I turned the NASCAR race on with 60-70 to go saw the stands about half full. Then I turned the TV off and didn't even want to DVR it.
3. The Indy car mess is amazing. How Much luck can Chip Ganassi buy? Helio will probably get fined and suspended for the physical confrontation with the IRL Chief Security guard. The same guy who he has had problems with before and wouldn't let him out of the car at INDY to climb the fence. It's almost like the IRL is trying to become as crooked as NASCAR.
4. Moto GP visited Laguna Seca this weekend for the US Grand Prix and there were many accidents. I hope all riders are OK. I don't think MOTO GP has been to the US only a handful of times in the past 15 years. This year there are 2 races the second is at INDY in a month. I have never been to a MOTO GP event but it's on my bucket list. I think todays Laguna Seca race had more people attend than NASCAR did at Indy.
5. One good note is the PA Possie swept the World of Outlaws again this weekend at Williams Grove. I think it's been almost 2 years since a WOO regular has won a WOO event at the Grove. Two years may not seem like much but WOO has 6 races a year at Williams Grove.
I watched the NASCAR race as I always do. Its funny how this tv watching works, you turn to the channel you want to watch which I did with joy. I love auto racing and have for well over fifty years, I watch it because I do love it and if I didn't I can turn the channel or turn the tv off. Their is nothing easier to do then this tv watching so I just don't understand all the complaining about it.
No, some of us became NA$CAR fans over 40 years ago and have become so disgusted at what they have done to our once-great-sport, we refuse to watch and have every right in the world to complain about it. If you had a clue, you would see that the fanbase has been in a downward spiral for many years and France, and the rest of his idi0ts in Daytona, just keep messing it up more.
I can think of a few things to start, get back to racing:
1. Get rid of the chase, it's not working, the points paid off for consistency, so what if they won the championship and didn't win a race. The way it is now, you could have a good year and finish just outside of the top 12 and then win the majority of the last ten races and not get the championship, not even a top ten in points. I guess a lot of people have forgotten, when we went to Atlanta and had 4 drivers that could have left with the championship.
2. Get rid of locking the top 35 cars in, make EVERYONE qualify for a spot in the race, now it's just for a position. Used to be there were a lot of fans would go to Qual day, but now they hardly get any fans. Why should they, only a handful are actually fighting for their way into the race.
3. Stop pushing drivers on the fans, before Jr came along, NA$CAR had never pushed for a certain driver to win races or a championship. When Humpy Wheeler made the statement in an interview that "NA$CAR needs Dale Jr. to win a championship" shows how bogus this has become.
ERNIE--COULDENT AGREE WITH YOU ANY MORE--JUST THINK THAT IT'S STUPID TO THINK THAT ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHOW-UP AND YOU QUALIFY--AND THE POOR SOB THAT JUST MAKES THE SHOW AND THEN PARKS HIS CAR AFTER RUNNING 20 LAPS BECAUSE HE NEEDS THE SAME CAR NEXT WEEK GETS SHAFTED..........JMO
good point all. That 1992 race at Atlanta with the chance of four drivers being the champion was maginificent. I was fortunate to be there. Kulwicki wins championship finishing second, Elliot wins race, The King's finale, Jeff Gordon's first Cup race. Ernie Irwan wrecks and takes out championship contender Allison.
Fan's are having trouble identifying with today's drivers. Too many jockeys, too many rich kids who have had family money fastrack them through the minor leagues, and network tv which seems bent on promoting their own tv agenda (program advertising) and the promotion of minor league celebrities.
It is becoming like Indycar (which has been compared to a circus) where the fans go for the event but really don't give a damn where they're racing next
The COT car is another big reason NASCAR is terrible to watch. The bodies are the same. If anyone can get one of those stupid looking cars to handle, no one can touch them. Before it was bad enough you had listen to all the idiots(DW,Larry Mac, ETC,) before,during and after the race. My youngest girl wanted every car for christmas at one time. She doesn't even care if it's on anymore. I asked her why, she said "It's boring".Thank you NASCAR for the dumb race cars and all the politically corrupt covering of the races.