Madhouse

Turbo01

Veteran
Anyone watch the new Bowman Gray reboot? I liked the first episode. Anytime you can watch modifieds on TV, in any capacity, it's a win.
 

Paul

Rookie
I watched; thought it was very good.  I would like to be the authorized Troyer distributor there!
 

Gomerpyle

Racing Genius
We used the cone at Shangri La 2 quite a few times. I know the kid in the 71 mod wasn?t afraid to go to the outside.
 
Glad the show is back...if you haven?t been to the stadium,put it on your bucket list. Very well promoted and usually 12k or more in attendance. $10 admission for a well promoted program..
 

Ratzso

Veteran
Good Citizens of RaceNY?

I watched the first episode on Spectrum on demand last night.  For me, it was a good reminder of why I don't watch Formula 1 races.

Warning!!!!!  Spoiler Alert!!!!  Here are Ratzso's race in six Roman Numeral points in case you haven't seen it and want to spend time doing something productive like macaroni art or watching crews unload trucks at Wegmans or Tops Market. 

I won't waste my time on any future episodes....

I)  Dude named Burt drives car #1  (The fans go wild!)

II)  Burt qualifies on the pole for the 200 lap race.  (The fans go wild!)

III)  Burt's car is wide and the track is narrow, so no one can pass Burt.  (The fans go wild!)

IV)  Burt leads all 200 laps in a single file snooze fest and wins the race.  (The fans go wild!)

V) In Victory Circle, Burt said he will put on a new back bumper and return next week for another thrilling race!  (The fans go wild!)

VI)  The Fans go Wild...?.

That's all I got...

Ratzman




 

Goggles Pisano

Champion
I watched the show unlike NASCAR Monster Cup Energy Sprint.  I never watch that.  Anyway Rathole pretty much summed it up.  The tense music and serious commentary caused me to get too excited and I had to go outside for a while after urinating all over myself.  The biggest take away I had for the show is that the #4 driver has about a 93% chance of lung cancer within the next 4 years.  Also with 12K in attendance the over/under on teeth in attendance was about 24K.  I can understand why they have such a big crowd.  They can only sodomize each other so many times on Saturday nights until it becomes monotonous and they go down to the track for a change-of-pace.  Will watch again - but outside. 
 
This year they added 15k towards the purse and other incentives for the drivers.They also lowered pit passes over the last few years and also cut tire costs..The reason they get fans is because they haven?t raised ticket prices in over two decades,a lot of entertainment for $10..This unlike tracks here,who have raised ticket prices to where people don?t come (not worth the price of entertainment) have raised back gate prices and have stepped on tire prices to where the racers go broke and quit.. PS Go on one of the ladies nite races,you won?t be disappointed 👍
 

kt

Champion
Goggles Pisano said:
I watched the show unlike NASCAR Monster Cup Energy Sprint.  I never watch that.  Anyway Rathole pretty much summed it up.  The tense music and serious commentary caused me to get too excited and I had to go outside for a while after urinating all over myself.  The biggest take away I had for the show is that the #4 driver has about a 93% chance of lung cancer within the next 4 years.  Also with 12K in attendance the over/under on teeth in attendance was about 24K.  I can understand why they have such a big crowd.  They can only sodomize each other so many times on Saturday nights until it becomes monotonous and they go down to the track for a change-of-pace.  Will watch again - but outside. 

Rude, crude, and not funny in the least.........kt
 

uticamike

Racing Genius
My "problem" with the Madhouse is like my issue with most other movies about "stockcar " racing is that it plays into

the very stereotype that KT finds offensive from Gaggles. To the unwashed that's how  they see our favorite sport and that is unfortunate.

We can't get a decent same day coverage of Mods anymore so we can't "sell it" to those that have never been exposed. Sorry ..tape delay,

over edited and over commercialized  coverage leaves it far short IMHO.  Madhouse is to Mod racing as Slapshot was to hockey.
 

BOZO6106

Veteran
I agree with KT and that is that Googles & Ratso whoever these jerks really are contribute nothing positive to raceny!
 

dan19n

Veteran
i don,t agree...ratzo and googles have interesting opinionss that i find humous. their take on things is just asimportant as ours. i enjoy thier comments,, don't ever let your opinion of yourself get larger than reality....  ratzo..googles,, keep us all informed,,,,, thanks :) ;) ;D ;D :-*
 

Goggles Pisano

Champion
BOZO6106 said:
I agree with KT and that is that Googles & Ratso whoever these jerks really are contribute nothing positive to raceny!

I?m Goggles Pisano and I approve this message. 
 

Ratzso

Veteran
Goggles Pisano said:
BOZO6106 said:
I agree with KT and that is that Googles & Ratso whoever these jerks really are contribute nothing positive to raceny!

I?m Goggles Pisano and I approve this message.

I'm J. Langford Ratzso and I also approve these messages.

That's all I got....

 

Top